Design and Cultural Studies Workshop
The popularity of Romance of the Three Kingdoms has inspired a rich string of artistic creations featuring the martial god of fortune Kwan Kung, such as nianhua (New Year posters), menshenhua (door god posters) and numerous publications. Historically, woodblock printing has been the main technique used to make these wonderful artworks accessible to ordinary people.
Guided by instructors from the Hong Kong Open Printshop, participants will get a taste of traditional woodblock carving and printing techniques. Join the workshop to create an image of Kwan Kung - the perfect home decoration to herald the Lunar New Year!
Participants must be 12 years old or above.
Conducted in Cantonese.
Please register and pay on art-mate.net.
- By applying for and/or participating in the event, you are deemed to have read and agreed with these terms and conditions.
- Successful applicants will receive a confirmation email. Please present the email for admission on the date of visit.
- The event will be cancelled if the Typhoon Signal No.3 or above is hoisted or the Red Rainstorm Signal or above is issued within 3 hours before the workshop begins.
- Events are subject to changes without prior notice. Tai Kwun reserves the right to make the final decision regarding any alternative arrangements.
- According to our Bye-laws, all persons entering Tai Kwun will be deemed to have granted their approval to Tai Kwun undertaking the following activities without paying or notifying making any payment or notifying any such persons:
a) taking photographs, making a video or cinematographic recording and/or using any sound or image recording equipment at anywhere within Tai Kwun; and
b) reproducing the image and/or voice of any person who enters Tai Kwun and using the same for any purposes as Tai Kwun shall think fit.