The 21st June is the Summer Solstice in the northern hemisphere which offers the longest period of daytime. Artist Zheng Bo would like to celebrate this occasion as the “Labour Day” for trees, since they will be working for the longest hours in a single day.
Tai Kwun would like to invite you to join us and the artist from sunrise to sunset, and to draw portraits of trees living in this heritage site. Life drawing as a meditative interaction with another living objects, it gives us an opportunity to build personal connection and listen to the stories, myths of our green friends.
Drawing Life (Summer Solstice; Labor Day for Trees) consists of ten drawing sections, each focusing on one tree at a time. This collateral event of exhibition Breathing with Trees is made for everyone.
Date: 21 June - sunrise at 5:40am to sunset at 7:10pm
The ten drawing sessions and their starting time:
- Participant gathers at the designated trees at the start time
- Drawing kits will be provided including a sketch book and pencils.
- Each session will last for 30mins
- There will be breaks during sessions
- Water machines are available onsite. Participants are welcome to bring their own bottles.
Capacity of each section: 8